Friday, June 18, 2010

Turnover, Meeting my Counterparts, and Chai (Tea)

This week involved turning over with my predecessor, meeting my Afghan Counterparts, and drinking a lot of Chai. Also, I almost forgot, I got to eat some traditional Afghan food: pilal (rice) naan (bread), and chicken kabobs.  We had a luncheon at the Rose Garden on the top floor of the hospital.  The scenic photo, below,  is looking away from the hospital towards Kabul.  The view is very nice.  It was a good week and the food was delicious.



My counterpart from the Hospital
                                                                                   
                                                                                       My counterpart at the Poly Clinic


View from Hospital Rose Garden       
                                 Pilal


Naan

No comments:

Post a Comment