Friday, June 25, 2010

Learning My Role

This week was uneventful. I drank plenty of Chai and had several conversations about my family and of course on how I can assist with improving the laboratory services.

After two weeks at the NKC and visiting (mentoring) at the Hospital and Poly Clinic I am finally beginning to understand my role. It seems like I need to assist my counterparts with laboratory lectures to increase their knowledgebase and quality management to improve their systems. However, I spend a lot of my time on supplies and logistics. This is a critical component of delivering laboratory results and is probably their most critical issue. But I am certain that the issue cannot be resolved at my level. I will just say that there are many problems with their logistics and supply systems.

I was able to capture a few neat photos of the various laboratory sections: written and Dari and English and a cup of Chai.  There is a saying in Afghanistan... your host can give you everything that he owns, but if he does not offer you Chai he has not given you anything.













This one is my favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment