Friday, July 2, 2010

Another Wednesday

The work week in Afghanistan is Saturday through Thursday, with Juma (Friday) off. By the time Monday roles around it feels like Wednesday. So I started this saying that there are three Wednesdays: Monday (the third day of the work week), Tuesday (just because it falls in between the two Wednesdays), and the real Wednesday. You would have to be here to really appreciate what I am saying.  Thank God for Juma!



This week was another uneventful week. I want to say that it was like “Ground Hogs Day”. Everyday seems to be the same, with the exception of Juma. Last Juma I was able to Skype my family and we played Checkers, Chess, and Hangman. It was the most fun that I have had since departing in May. I am looking forward to returning home. December were are you?

I spent time at the Hospital and the Poly Clinic this week. We begin discussing laboratory standards and both teams seem to be receptive. At least I hope. Also, we spent time on developing a proposal to improve microbiology capabilities at the Poly Clinic. At the hospital I began to assess the competencies of the laboratory staff. This has gone okay thus far. Next week I will begin a series of lectures in Coagulation Studies.

What a fun day!  I miss these guys so much.

This photo is from April 2010, while I was at Fort Polk.


Of course I had Chai.  I drink about four cups of Chai each day.  It is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment