Friday, August 27, 2010

August 2010

Today is the first time that I have blogged since mid-July.  It is hard to believe that 45 days have passed!  Everything is going well, I have just been very focused on trying to implement a few solutions with my Afghan counterparts. 

Since July we have started a Quality Control Program, developed and implemented a Bacteriology database, and we are working on supply contracts, standardized operating procedures, and a laboratory guide for the physicians and nurses.  Also, I was able to program, calibrate, establish QC, and train my counterparts on their biochemistry analyzer.  It has been an extremely busy period and I hope the next 45 days goes back just as fast. 

I am looking forward to returning home to my family.


The lab received new reagents and I had to set the system up for testing

No comments:

Post a Comment